Join Our Team
CITEC is hiring a business development director.
The Business Development Director’s role is to build and maintain a strong customer base that supports CITEC revenue growth, increased market penetration and client impacts. The incumbent will spend the majority of their time in business development, and the remainder will be as a professional services consultant helping clients with projects that improve their sales performance and business growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel regularly within the North Country to meet with new and existing customers.
- Manage a disciplined sales program, including development of new customers.
- Lead the development and rollout of new service offerings, based on documented sales and marketing plans.
- Responsible for a systems approach to maintaining solid relationships with key clients.
- Create and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with economic development organizations, chambers of commerce, and colleges across the region.
- Assist customers in finding and securing grants to pay for services
- Assist customers in preparing for the NIST survey.
- Assist in research of new services/products offerings.
- Effectively represent CITEC at local and regional events.
- Work in collaboration with marketing and finance to optimize the application of CRM/Salesforce.
- Continue to update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
The Business Development Director reports directly to the Executive Director and maintains a direct working relationship with all members of the CITEC team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication, interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of Products.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Best in class expertise in a sales, marketing and business development.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing or Engineering
- Ten years of direct broad-based sales and sales management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment and in leadership positions of increasing responsibility.
Send letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.