COVID-19 Resources and Opportunities
- COVID-19 Safety Resource Officer Training (CSRO) for Manufacturing: Workplace Preparation and Planning Playbook
Tuesday, May 19
2:00pm - 4:00pm
Facilitated by CITEC Business Advisor, George Mauch
Make sure that your teams have the protocols, resources, knowledge, and skills necessary to run a safe facility during and post pandemic. This workshop covers setting up your Pandemic Response Team, ensuring preventative material inventory, PPE, disinfection measures, inbound packages, transportation, isolation protocols, social distancing, health screenings, returning to work, visitors and contractors, and how to ensure that your plant is as safe as possible with regards to the virus. Register at this link.
- St. Lawrence County's Chamber of Commerce and Industrial Development Agency have partnered to put together an excellent reopening guide, useful for a variety of kinds of businesses, that includes general guidelies as well as printable signage and sample reopening plans.Find it here.
Checklist-based Guide to Restart and Safe Work
The NY Manufacturing Extension Partnership has compiled the most important protocols for safe work and restart into easy-to-use charts, tables, forms, and checklists. Topics covered include plant opening protocols, PPE inventory, disinfection measures, inbound materials, social distancing, return to work training plans, and a whole lot more. Find it at this link
- The Food and Drug Administration has produced a guide to respirators, face masks, and cloth face coverings for food industry use. A handy display is linked here.
- Congratulations to General Composites in Willsoboro!
General Composites has been awarded one of Fuzehub's COVID-19 Manufacturing Grants to Accelerate NY's Production of Ventilators and Respirators. They are working toward converting existing carbon fiber and composite thermoforming processing equipment to manufacture N95 masks. More information here.
- Comprensive Resource for Your Restart or Safe Operations
Businesses planning their restart strategy can be overwhelmed by the sheer number of factors to take under consideration. The Lear Corporation in Michigan has put together an interactive guide for safe work at their plants that can serve as a resource for any business either continuing to work or planning their restart. The guide is comprehensive and easy to use. Find it here.
- New York seeks private sector partners to bring rapid COVID-19 testing to scale and accelerate testing capacity. Businesses interested in working with the state to manufacture these rapid tests on a large scale should contact Empire State Development at 212-803-3100 or COVID19supplies@esd.ny.gov.
- Payroll Protection Program, or Employee Retention Credit? Synergi Partners has an estimator tool at this link to help you quickly calculate which program would be better for your business.
How you communicate with your employees during a crisis, or any kind of change, directly impacts the effectiveness of your project, and the success of your business. CITEC Business Advisor Sharon Van Auken discusses some important steps you can take to make sure your employees are informed and engaged. Read more here.
- All of the area Industrial Development Agencies and Economic Development organizations have loan programs and are well connected to other funding sources for your business. If you are not familiar with those organizations in your specific county, give CITEC a call, and we can connect you with the right people.
- National Grid is fast tracking the MPP grant process. For companies looking to retool and adjust their operations to produce critical items, National Grid is teaming up with the NY MEP and CITEC to help you redesign your workflow, get certified by regulatory/industry bodies (FDA, OSHA/NIOSH, ISO), help plan for emergencies and implement programs to sustain these changes.Based on the current Electric Manufacturing Productivity Program, this FAST TRACK COVID19 MPP provides matching funds of up to 40K, or 60% of costs incurred when companies commit to combined productivity improvements and growth targeted activities resulting in the increased utilization of manufacturing capacity at your company. To be eligible for this program, the project must accomplish one or more of the following:
Optimize current operations
Increase machine capabilities
Improve product quality/yield
Expand markets - meet demand
Develop new customers
Develop new products
Reach out to Steve Lockwood for additional information.
- SBA Emergency Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) now have a simplified application process for COVID-19 assistance. Here is the link.
- The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), which is part of the Federal Relief Package, is an SBA program designed to help small businesses weather the outbreak. It provides low interest loans with deferred payments, no fees, and some loan forgiveness if payroll counts are maintained. There are many local lenders partnering on this program. Details are available at this link.
- The NYS Workshare Program lets you keep trained staff and avoid layoffs. Employees can receive partial Unemployment Insurance benefits while working reduced hours. Full-time, part-time and seasonal employees are eligible. Details at this link.
- The North Country Alliance is Providing Emergency Working Capital Loans.The North Country Alliance’s COVID-19 Emergency Business Relief Program was created to provide businesses, located in the NCA service region, with short-term relief and access to working capital in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Details here.
- The MEP National Network has created a website for manufacturers that provides up-to-date COVID-19 business management information, federal agency access, and supply chain resources. The page will be updated constantly. It is linked here.
- FDA Makes it Easier to Produce Necessary Medical Devices
In an effort to increase the availability of ventilators and other respiratory devices as well as PPE and other COVID-19 necessities, the FDA is taking action to eliminate every possible barrier to companies with the capacity to address the shortages. Details at this link.
- Governor Cuomo issues a daily update on COVID-19, including policy updates, resources, and ways you can help. Sign up here for the latest COVID-19 updates from New York State.
- CITEC is available. Maybe you have COVID-19-related questions, or are in a position to use this time to address production or other issues in your business. We will find responsible ways to help you. Email Steve Lockwood. email@example.com.