CITEC's Lean Green Belt 2016-17 class in Watertown recently completed coursework and will receive their belts upon project completion. Pictured are, top, Kate Chepeleff, CITEC Business Solutions, Wayne White, Rob Mizzi, and Dave Pavey from Qubica AMF in Lowville. Seated are James Booker, Otis Technologies, Lyons Falls, AJ MacDonald, Viking-Cives in Gouverneur, and George Mauch, CITEC Business Solutions.
Register Now for Summer 2018 in Plattsburgh!
Class begins June 26.
Tentative dates for the series are as follows:
Pass the baton.
Lean Green Belt Certification
Through project presentations and interaction, participants learn by doing ... and from each other.
Lean Green Belt Candidates
- Complete the entire 64-hour training program, participating as classroom leaders for at least two topics.
- Conduct a minimum 2-hour Lean training class within his or her facility or value stream
- Lead and document a major Kaizen project in his or her own value stream or facility.
- Volunteer to be available to work on Lean projects throughout his or her company.
Please Note: It may take several weeks or months before participants successfully complete their Green Belt-level on-site training and Kaizens and receive their certification. Certification is awarded based on a panel review of the project submission.
Topics Covered (many by course participants)
- Lean Overview
- Lean Implementation; Hoshin Planning, Kaizen Events
- Lean Metrics
- 5S Organization
- Visual Controls
- One-Piece Flow Cells
- Cell Teams
- Standardized Work
- Zero-Defect Quality
- Kanbans and Supermarkets
- Lean Materials Handling
- SMED/Quick Changeover
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Change Management
- Transition Management
- Lean Transformation
George Mauch spent more than thirty years in manufacturing in various positions throughout GM and other companies during which time he developed extensive experience in management, leadership, and finance. He is a certified Lean Green Belt, and has lead dozens of companies and hundreds of individuals through Lean projects that have resulted in millions of dollars of ROI.
Lean White Belt or consent of instructor based on equivalent training and experience.
- All presentation materials
- Lean Green Belt implementation Guidebook
- A library of critical Lean training books and manuals
The Lean Green Belt Certification Program is 8 days of intense learning, with sessions scheduled every two to three weeks for a maximum of 12 people. In addition to the classroom sessions, participants are expected to complete assignments and present on topics.
The next session will be in early 2018. Email Steve Lockwood at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
For additional information, contact Steve Lockwood.
A printable Lean Green Belt pdf flyer is available here.