Introduction to Lean
Better. Faster. At a lower cost. To truly be competitive, it's never been more important for organizations to identify and eliminate non-value added activities in order to deliver a quality product / service to customers - when they want it, at the price they want it.
Organizations of all sizes and types are achieving tremendous results through Lean. We view Lean as a strategic initiative that is guided by leadership and deployed through involvement of all employees. CITEC's approach combines development of an organization's leadership team to champion the Lean strategic initiative along with creating core competency of your employees in the application of Lean tools.
This introductory program helps your employees understand what Lean is - and what it isn't. It isn't about doing the same thing as you've always done, with less people. It is a systematic approach to identify and eliminate waste so that the product flows at less cost to your customers. The resulting improvements in cost, quality, delivery, productivity and safety can then be leveraged to increase profits, market share and the satisfaction of your customers and employees.
Principles of Lean provides an overview of Lean tools using a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on simulations that show how common-sense application of Lean will improve product flow, eliminate waste and create a better working environment.
Offered as an open-enrollment course and at companies to introduce their entire workforce to Lean, attendees will acquire a good overall understanding of Lean manufacturing and the steps needed to implement change.
At this all-day workshop, you'll learn the principals of lean and how to apply them. During the simulation exercises as a member of the production team, you'll apply lean concepts such as standardized work, visual signals, batch-size reduction, pull systems, and more. Experience firsthand how lean improves quality, reduces cycle time, improves delivery performance, reduces WIP and enables companies to realize more profits.
Benefits to your organization:
- The most successful Lean efforts occur at those companies that educate their workforce in the opportunities of Lean - the common-sense approach used and employee empowerment culture to realize real change.
- Companies who have trained their employees in Lean techniques report dramatic improvements in quality, on-time delivery and cycle-time reduction.
- When implemented, Lean initiatives can achieve:
- 30-100% Increased Throughput
- 30-100% Increased Productivity
- 30-80% Inventory Reductions
- 50-80% Reduced Time-to-Customer Order Fulfillment
- 30-50% Reduced Time-to-Market for New Products
- Dramatic reductions in on-time delivery