Rob Oram Business Development Director
Rob is known for leading high performance organizations in accomplishing growth and sales objectives. As CITEC's Business Development Director, he connects North Country companies with the ideal resources to improve their ability to compete. In addition, he provides his expertise directly to area organizations in developing and implementing effective sales programs, product development, developing national retail accounts and customer service programs.
Business Development Director, CITEC Business Solutions - Aug 2010 to present
Providing assistance to North Country companies to develop sales strategies, retail product placement programs, new product feasibility analyses and project management.
- identify opportunities to decrease costs and increase profits
- deploy new product development programs
- pursue national retail accounts
- integrate Lean in sales functions
- sales programs to develop new customers
- sales channel research
- improved customer service
Product Marketing Manager, CAR-FRESHNER Corporation - Oct 2003 to Jun 2010
Reporting directly to the Company President, responsibilities included management of automotive and household aerosol air fresheners and novelty toy products including Silly String spray streamer.
- Domestic sales activities including new product placement and management of household aerosol air fresheners at national retail accounts.
- Identified and evaluated prospective raw material suppliers for quality compliance and potential cost savings. - Research and analysis of potential merger and acquisition opportunities.
- Preparation of cost and feasibility studies for multiple project initiatives.
Sales Manager - Specialty & Filtration Products, Knowlton Specialty Papers Inc - Feb 1997 to Oct 2003
- Prepare and manage annual sales budgets, administration of all account aspects for 30+ customers.
- Coordinated product development efforts in conjunction with Research & Development staff for existing customer base and new business prospects.
- Investigated business development opportunities for emerging markets and technical products.
Zone Coordinator - Watertown EDZ, Jefferson County Job Development Corp - Nov 1994 to Feb 1997
- Implement business development, human resource and community revitalization initiatives within the City and Town of Watertown.
- Develop and manage program budgets, strategic plans, report preparation for Zone Administrative Board and State of NY Dept of Economic Development.
Education / Certifications:
Bachelor of Arts Cum Laude, SUNY at Buffalo - Dept of Environmental Design & Planning, School of Architecture & Planning
American Management Association's Financial Modeling and Forecasting Workshop
AMA's Fundamentals of Finance and Accounting for Non-financial Managers
Peak Performance Management Sales Training